Join your colleagues in Houston! The doors between art, science, medicine, technology, and other sectors are always open, and the welcome mat is always out. The art of collaboration is a way of life, and an entrepreneurial spirit defines the arts community.
Houston’s vibrant arts scene and diverse demographic profile provide a laboratory to examine grantmaking practices and a stage to celebrate new forms of artistic expression and new ways of working together.
GIA 2014 Conference: A Collaboration of New Ideas
5701 Main St
Houston, TX 77005
Guest rooms at the Hotel ZaZa at the conference rate are selling out. There may be rooms or suites available at other rates at the discretion of the hotel.
Below is information on two other hotel options. Both of these hotels are accessible to stops on the Houston METRORail, that goes directly to the conference location at the Hotel Zaza.
Courtyard by MarriottHouston Medical Center
GIA Conference rate: $179
7702 Main Street, Houtson TX 77030
Houston Marriott Medical Center
Standard rate: $299
6580 Fannin Street, Houston TX 77030
2014 Conference Committee
- Jonathon Glus, CEO, Houston Arts Alliance, Conference Chair
- T. Lulani Arquette, President/CEO, Native Arts and Cultures Foundation, Inc.
- Robert Booker, Executive Director, Arizona Commission on the Arts
- Janet Brown, President & CEO, Grantmakers in the Arts
- David Lake, Program Officer, Houston Endowment Inc.
- Tommer Peterson, Deputy Director, Grantmakers in the Arts