Grantmakers in the Arts welcomes you to Denver, where collaboration is a way of life and culture is found everywhere from small local breweries to the largest museums. The vibrancy of Denver’s cultural community is visible throughout its street art, the independent music scene, community theater, musical classrooms, a deep spoken word tradition, and eclectic arts districts. Arts practice in Denver and across Colorado can’t be separated from the landscape. Here is where artists, ranchers, environmentalists, business owners, creative thinkers and dreamers, and funders converge to build healthy and thriving communities.
Denver is a perfect laboratory for important conversations around where the arts are going, how best to engage an increasingly diverse nation, and how to use a variety of forms of investment in culture all anchored in equity. Engage with your colleagues at the GIA Conference for an exciting opportunity to be inspired by the people and culture of Denver.
1550 Court Pl.
Denver, CO 80202
2019 Conference Committee
- Gary Steuer, Bonfils-Stanton Foundation (Co-Chair)
- Ginger White-Brunetti, Denver Arts & Venues (Co-Chair)
- Ken Grossinger, CrossCurrents Foundation
- Margaret Hunt, Colorado Creative Industries
- Tariana Navas-Nieves, Denver Arts & Venues
- Cheryl Zimlich, Bohemian Foundation
- Eddie Torres, Grantmakers in the Arts
- Nadia Elokdah, Grantmakers in the Arts
Grantmakers in the Arts has a long-held commitment to engaging the community in each city where the annual national conference is held. Read GIA’s Conference Guiding Principles and Practices.
Artwork: Armando Silva. Representation courtesy of the artist. Learn more about Armando Silva.